Daren Dean + [soup]

My Favorite Soup of the World

My Mom always made Broccoli Soup this way, and it's been my favorite soup for as long as I can remember. Brad and the kids are huge fans of it as well. In fact, I don't think I've ever met some one who disliked Mom's Cream of Broccoli Soup. I'm confidant you'll join the satisfied tummy club!

This recipe makes a very large batch. I use my biggest pot and throw an ice cream pail's worth of soup in the freezer to reheat at a later date.

You'll need: 1 whole celery stalk 3 large leeks 8-9 small broccoli heads (3 bunches) 1 large, sweet onion 1/2 cup butter 2-3 cups strong chicken broth salt and pepper to taste milk, as much as you prefer 1 cup crisped, crumbled bacon grated cheese, for garnish
Directions: The ingredients seem rather vague, don't they? That's the beauty of "A Little Bit of This, and a Little Bit of That" recipes; you really can't go wrong.

Chop up all the veggies and simmer them in the butter. Add the prepared chicken broth, salt, and pepper and cook a while longer. The green vegetables will loose their vibrancy a little. When all the vegetables are softened, run them through the blender.

Return the blended mixture back to the stove and add as much milk as you'd like-a pitcher full even. Serve warm with crisped bacon crumbles, grated cheese, and home-made bread. Oh, so yummy!

Tags:

My Favorite Soup of the World {soup}